Categories of ecosystem
So the ecosystem has two main types, namely-
- Natural- This refers to the natural biological environment around us. It includes places like deserts, jungles, ponds, lakes, rivers, and oceans, etc.
- Man-made- This by the word is very clear that its humans create it. It includes all the worldly things around us, be it shopping malls, schools, parks, and zoos, etc.
Coming down to the ecosystem components, these are also divided into 2-
- Biotic- It comprises all the living species like birds and animals, reptiles and insects, and microorganisms.
- Abiotic- This is again the opposite of the former one. Water, temperature, humidity, air, dust, etc., are some examples.
Significance of ecosystem
Let’s start with an example. We all like to use new plates and spoons when we have food. We don’t like it if at all they are dirty. Similarly, mother earth is home to many species, humans, and animals who are dependent on various things. We must protect the place where we live and keep it clean.
Major threats to our ecosystem
Over the years, due to many factors, earth has suffered and lost its charm in many ways. Below mentioned are some problems which have been an ongoing cause for the damage of the earth.
- Pollution of water and acids in oceans
- Change in climate and pollution in the air
- Cutting of trees on a larger scale
- The disappearance of ecological diversity
- Extinction of species
- Degradation of soil
- Overpopulation in some countries
Simple ways to tackle the threats to our environment
In schools, we are often taught to protect our environment, but the question is, how? We do not realize that by doing the smallest good thing to protect the place we live in, we are making a huge difference! Let’s point out some factors which are helping to save the resources-
- Using jute or paper bags
- Less usage of printing papers
- Recycling of products we come across
- Using reusable consumer goods products
- Saving water
- Electricity saving
- Going vehicle-friendly due to pollution
- Going vegan!
Globalization impact on the environment
What is globalization? It refers to everything surrounding materialistic and non-materialistic things the globe, which government authorities monitor at an international level. It is essential to focus on the social and economic issues that affect our environment and maintain peace, harmony and stabilize the society. To help support causes that help restore the environment, you might want to consider playing some fun casino games at https://oncapan.com/.
Few factors are the main effects of globalization on or environment, they are-
- The vast gap between the rich and the poor
- The power of global companies
- Societal dissolution
- The weak democracy
- Frustration on the social environment
- Less support from the overseas
- Border and criminal terrorism
- Increased number of refugees
- Loss of traditional ethics and culture
- Unregulated health care industry